A couple days ago, I helped put political stickers on flags for Pioneer Day parade. While doing so, Megan and I watched
The Notebook and I cried. We also watched
And the Band Played On, which gave me a different view of
Robert Gallo which had previously been so bias due to reading his book called
Virus Hunting: AIDS, Cancer, and the Human Retrovirus. I now consider
Don Francis more of a humanitarian and a hero.
I then helped pass out Leslie Reberg's flags, and we parked right in front of the home where
Destiny Norton was reported missing. That night, she was found dead only a couple of houses away. It scared me to think I was so close to a killer and a dead body.
I had to work the evening of Pioneer Day, and I never really thought of such a day as a holiday. I rode the bus to work, not realizing it was on holiday schedule. When my shift had ended, I was stuck in CottonWood with no way to get home. I tried my sister who refused because she was asleep and had to wake up at 3 AM to be at work by 5. I thought of my friends, and I was too stubborn to call some, but I asked a few. I got no positive responce, so I started the 15 mile walk.
I didn't actually just walk. I'd say I ran at least five miles that night. I took Highland Road, and I made it from Fort Union Blvd to Sugerhouse in a little under two hours. By then, a friend I had texted, called. She agreed to pick me up at Red Lobster in Sugarhouse. I was relieved because my legs where numb, and that night I had traveled at least 10 miles by foot.
Pioneer Day was not such a great day.
9:24 AM